[mythtv] G400 TV-Out

Emmett Pate mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Sat, 23 Nov 2002 07:17:46 -0500

On Friday 22 November 2002 11:08 pm, Russell Hatch wrote:
> I am using a G400 Dual Head as well, but you appear to have gotten a little
> further than I have.
<snip>
> but at any rate, what I'm
> asking here is how you succeeded in getting the MythTV main screen to
> output to your tv, I would assume this is from some settings in the
> XF86Config? Anyways, lemme know any hints you may have, thanks.

That part was pretty easy.  I downloaded the X11 drivers from the Matrox site.
They come with a pretty good REAME file that gives several example
configurations for the XF86Config-4 file.  There's also a PowerDesk utility
that will let you graphically set the options and modify the configuration.
I tried it afterwards and it seems to work well also.

I always compile the kernel from scratch (I'm using 2.4.19 right now - the
development kernel, 2.5.48, has a compile problem in the bttv drivers). There
are several important options in the Frame Buffer section that relate to the
Matrox G400 - especially Dual Head mode.  You'll probably need to check those
out.

Hope this helps,

Emmett