[mythtv] WinTV and Cable/Digital Cable

Harondel J. Sibble mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Tue, 19 Nov 2002 13:32:40 -0800

On 19 Nov 2002 at 12:52, Jeremy Oddo wrote:

> Wow, it's amazing how LITTLE information there is on the net :(
> Is there a way to find out which tuner you _should_ be using?
RTFM ;-)  It IS in the documentation that is installed with your distro

try "locate bttv | more" for a start.

> Do I need to call this via modprobe or do I set it in xawtv?
the former,  modprobe bttv tuner=x when x is number, if you have a phillips
ntsc tuner (likley) then you want tuner=2 or possibly tuner=6.

You might also look at the posting I made a few days ago under the multiple
tuner cards thread.

> Are there _any_ resources out there or do you just have to start flipping
> stuff and hope you run across it eventually?
As above RTFM, or search for the bttv mini-howto

--
Harondel J. Sibble
Sibble Computer Consulting