[mythtv-users] Replacement for Atom Motherboard

James Abernathy jfabernathy at gmail.com
Sat Mar 9 12:08:34 UTC 2024

On Sat, Mar 9, 2024 at 4:05 AM jam <jam at tigger.ws> wrote:

> Jim please wax lyrical
> I've been trying to use a pi5 as a backend
> When it works it works beautifully, smooth and cores (htop) not busy
>
> But I've had a stream of errors:
>
> My SATA ssd (sumsung) in a usb (jmicron) enclosure suddenly loses connection and wont reconnect until reboot
> Mariadb looses eg storage group settings
> Record a program on a single channel on a single mux
>   records 5 min (one show)
>   records 10 min to end (another show)
>   [recorded] shows nothing related to the show !!
>
> Are my funnies hardware issues?
> I'm booting and running on a m2
>
> So far I have not been sucessful - I want multipe partitions
> . Flash m2
> . GParted in a m2 enclosure on another machine
>      everything is greyed (resize etc)
>
> So I need to contemplate about a BE on RaPi5
>
> James

I can't help with RPI 5. I don't have one.  The RPI4 works fine with
the exception of video playback quality and Comm flagging performance.
Makes a good backend without commflag and transcoding. In the past I
was able to record 4 shows at the same time on a RPI4 backend while
watching another show that was previously recorded.

I'm strictly a remote backend and FireTV/Google TV frontend guy now.

Jim A