[mythtv-users] Replacement for Atom Motherboard

Roland Ernst rcrernst at gmail.com
Fri Mar 8 14:50:37 UTC 2024

On Fri, Mar 8, 2024 at 9:59 AM David Watkins <watkinshome at gmail.com> wrote:

> Ideally I'd like something exactly the same but newer. that is:
>
> Combined Frontend/Backend.
> Silent (in the huge Antec case the Atom is easy to cool with a big slow
> turning FAN).
> Low Power, which I think means hardware video acceleration.
> Fits inside the Antec case.
>
> Is there such a board?

If you want to keep the Antec case, you can replace the motherboard only.
The following CPUs (and example boards) are sufficient to
decode mpeg2, h264, h265 video streams in 4k resolution.
The Intel N100 can decode AV1 video as well.
ALL CPUs use the internal graphic unit "Intel UHD Graphics (iGPU)".

Intel Celeron J4125
https://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/J4125-ITX/
4 SATA interfaces

Intel Pentium Silver J5040
https://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/J5040-ITX/
4 SATA interfaces

Intel N100
https://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/N100M/
1x M.2/M-Key (PCIe 3.0 x2), 2 SATA interfaces

Regards,
Roland