[mythtv-users] season and episode population from schedules direct json has been incomplete.

Jay Harbeston jharbestonus at gmail.com
Thu Jan 18 15:02:29 UTC 2024



> On Jan 17, 2024, at 6:44 PM, Tom Dexter <digitalaudiorock at gmail.com> wrote:
> 
> On Wed, Jan 17, 2024 at 6:03 PM Mike Perkins
> <mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk <mailto:mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk>> wrote:
>> 
>> On 17/01/2024 21:55, Jay Harbeston wrote:
>>> 
>>> 
>>>> On Jan 17, 2024, at 4:38 PM, Tom Dexter <digitalaudiorock at gmail.com> wrote:
>>>> 
>>>> On Sun, Jan 14, 2024 at 2:21 PM Jay Harbeston <jharbestonus at gmail.com> wrote:
>>>>> 
>>>>> Up to 2020, I used the sqlite version, and switched to the non-sqlite version … I think it maybe have been related to when HDHR was doing a ‘cable’ subsrciption thing in 2018 or so and then switched away in 2020.
>>>>> 
>>>>> Since my last email I have switched back to using the sqlite version and am getting good data now.
>>>>> 
>>>>> Sounds Kinda like the non-sqlite version might be fading from use anyway, so now I am converted, and I have confirmed that the S/E data is populating correctly!
>>>>> 
>>>>> Thanks all for the assistance!
>>>>> 
>>>>> 
>>>>> I did take a look at the perl program for non-sqlite.. and decided I would stay away from the dragons in it as I haven’t touched perl in at least 15 years! :-)
>>>>> 
>>>>> Regards!
>>>> 
>>>> I've just recently started noticing the same missing seasons and
>>>> episodes. I've never used anything except for the non-sqlite version.
>>>> 
>>>> I suppose I may have to change to that sqlite one. On the whole,
>>>> Schedules Direct seems to do a good job, but on occasion they do some
>>>> really questionable stuff. There was that bizarre thing they did some
>>>> time back where they apparently replaced their backend stuff with some
>>>> new python version, which totally broke a lot of stuff. They ended up
>>>> having to roll that back, and I've never heard anything about it
>>>> since. It all makes me wonder what they might have done here.
>>>> 
>>>> Tom
>>> 
>>> It wasn’t hard to switch, as I didn’t have to change any of the channels except for changing the number of the source id in channels to the new number for the new sqlite grabber.
>>> 
>>> Alternatively, you will need to do as Gary suggested and do an issue request to the xmltv group for the problem.
>>> 
>>> 
>>> I took the path of least resistance and switched to the sqlite version. :-)
>>> 
>> Why did you have to change the source id in channels? Surely all that was needed was to go to the
>> source and change the grabber?
>> 
>> --
>> 
>> Mike Perkins
>> 
> I think he's referring to the xmltvids on the channel table. The
> non-sqlite grabber requires just the numeric id but the sqlite version
> requires them to be in the form Innnnn.json.schedulesdirect.org <http://innnnn.json.schedulesdirect.org/>.
> 
> Jay: Correct me if I'm wrong on that. I was actually going to reply to
> verify that that needs to be changed.
> 
> Tom


Actually the sourced field in the channel table points to the video source table with information on the data source to use(such as schedules direct). When I moved to the sqlite version, a new video source is added, and hence the source id had to change in the channel table. In my case, the old nonsqlite version had sourceid of 4 and after the sqlite version was added, the source id for it was now 6.    So updated the channel table to reflect the change.
NOTE that this change could be made in the backend setup(either the original mythtv-setup, or the new web version).
For almost 40 channels, this is a pain to do, so I went ‘under the hood/ and modded the channel table using sql.

The xmltv ids did not have to be modified as they are the same for both non sqlite and sqlite versions as far as I can tell, and everything was working fine after the change.

Regards!

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://lists.mythtv.org/pipermail/mythtv-users/attachments/20240118/07bb909b/attachment.htm>


More information about the mythtv-users mailing list