[mythtv-users] season and episode population from schedules direct json has been incomplete.

Tom Dexter digitalaudiorock at gmail.com
Wed Jan 17 23:44:40 UTC 2024

On Wed, Jan 17, 2024 at 6:03 PM Mike Perkins
<mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk> wrote:

> On 17/01/2024 21:55, Jay Harbeston wrote:

> >> I've just recently started noticing the same missing seasons and
> >> episodes. I've never used anything except for the non-sqlite version.
> >>
> >> I suppose I may have to change to that sqlite one. On the whole,
> >> Schedules Direct seems to do a good job, but on occasion they do some
> >> really questionable stuff. There was that bizarre thing they did some
> >> time back where they apparently replaced their backend stuff with some
> >> new python version, which totally broke a lot of stuff. They ended up
> >> having to roll that back, and I've never heard anything about it
> >> since. It all makes me wonder what they might have done here.
> >>
> >> Tom
> >
> > It wasn’t hard to switch, as I didn’t have to change any of the channels except for changing the number of the source id in channels to the new number for the new sqlite grabber.
> >
> > Alternatively, you will need to do as Gary suggested and do an issue request to the xmltv group for the problem.
> >

> > I took the path of least resistance and switched to the sqlite version. :-)
> >
> Why did you have to change the source id in channels? Surely all that was needed was to go to the
> source and change the grabber?
>
> --
>
> Mike Perkins

I think he's referring to the xmltvids on the channel table. The
non-sqlite grabber requires just the numeric id but the sqlite version
requires them to be in the form Innnnn.json.schedulesdirect.org.

Jay: Correct me if I'm wrong on that. I was actually going to reply to
verify that that needs to be changed.

Tom