[mythtv-users] season and episode population from schedules direct json has been incomplete.

Tom Dexter digitalaudiorock at gmail.com
Thu Jan 18 02:37:51 UTC 2024

On Wed, Jan 17, 2024 at 4:38 PM Tom Dexter <digitalaudiorock at gmail.com> wrote:

> I've just recently started noticing the same missing seasons and
> episodes. I've never used anything except for the non-sqlite version.
>
> I suppose I may have to change to that sqlite one. On the whole,
> Schedules Direct seems to do a good job, but on occasion they do some
> really questionable stuff. There was that bizarre thing they did some
> time back where they apparently replaced their backend stuff with some
> new python version, which totally broke a lot of stuff. They ended up
> having to roll that back, and I've never heard anything about it
> since. It all makes me wonder what they might have done here.
>
> Tom

Wow. Can someone clarify where those seasons and episodes are even stored?

Tonight I have an episode of Family Law recording right now. MythTV
and MythWeb bother show season 3 and episode 1 and an "Episode Number"
of S3E1, but nothing I see in the database has that data. For example:

--------------
select * from recorded where title='family law' and
starttime='2024-01-18 02:00:00'
--------------

         chanid: 1111
      starttime: 2024-01-18 02:00:00
        endtime: 2024-01-18 03:00:00
          title: Family Law
       subtitle: What Came First?
Abby represents a woman whose ex-husband left her for a man and now
wants to use their last remaining embryo -- created when they were
married -- to start a new family together.
         season: 0
        episode: 0
       category: Drama
       hostname: mythback