[mythtv-users] season and episode population from schedules direct json has been incomplete.

Tom Dexter digitalaudiorock at gmail.com
Thu Jan 18 02:46:04 UTC 2024

On Wed, Jan 17, 2024 at 9:37 PM Tom Dexter <digitalaudiorock at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Jan 17, 2024 at 4:38 PM Tom Dexter <digitalaudiorock at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > I've just recently started noticing the same missing seasons and
> > episodes. I've never used anything except for the non-sqlite version.
> >
> > I suppose I may have to change to that sqlite one. On the whole,
> > Schedules Direct seems to do a good job, but on occasion they do some
> > really questionable stuff. There was that bizarre thing they did some
> > time back where they apparently replaced their backend stuff with some
> > new python version, which totally broke a lot of stuff. They ended up
> > having to roll that back, and I've never heard anything about it
> > since. It all makes me wonder what they might have done here.
> >
> > Tom
>
> Wow. Can someone clarify where those seasons and episodes are even stored?
>
> Tonight I have an episode of Family Law recording right now. MythTV
> and MythWeb bother show season 3 and episode 1 and an "Episode Number"
> of S3E1, but nothing I see in the database has that data. For example:
>
> --------------
> select * from recorded where title='family law' and
> starttime='2024-01-18 02:00:00'
> --------------
>
> *************************** 1. row ***************************
>          chanid: 1111
>       starttime: 2024-01-18 02:00:00
>         endtime: 2024-01-18 03:00:00
>           title: Family Law
>        subtitle: What Came First?
> Abby represents a woman whose ex-husband left her for a man and now
> wants to use their last remaining embryo -- created when they were
> married -- to start a new family together.
> [...]

OK...Found that. That's all in the program table. It's interesting
that I have this data specifically for a case with an older original
airdate. Here's that data:

--------------
select * from program where title='family law' and
starttime='2024-01-18 02:00:00'
--------------

                 chanid: 1111
              starttime: 2024-01-18 02:00:00
                endtime: 2024-01-18 03:00:00
                  title: Family Law
               subtitle: What Came First?
divorce, Abby represents a woman whose ex-husband left her for a man
and now wants to use their last remaining embryo -- created when they
were married -- to start a new family together.
               category: Drama
          category_type: series
                airdate: 0000
                  stars: 0