[mythtv-users] Leanfront testers wanted for Android TV

Klaas de Waal klaas.de.waal at gmail.com
Wed Jan 17 16:32:13 UTC 2024

Hi Peter,

The Leanfront works OK here. What I do like very much is that it is capable
of switching the output frequency to match the frame rate of the video.
This is something mythfrontend does with an NVida graphics card but what
mythfrontend does not do with Intel graphics.
I also like that it goes back to the Shield main menu without
prompting "Are you really sure you do want to exit from this very wonderful
app" which most other apps tend to do.

There is of course also room for improvement:
- Going back from playing a recording to the recordings menu, it first
shows the page where you came from and then it repaints (?) itself together
with an animation of the selected program. This is a bit annoying.
- The program guide is hidden in a rather non-intuitive (for me...)
location.
- The program guide shows all channels for all video sources. This is OK if
you have only one video source but not if you have more video sources.
Also, it shows channels of video sources that are not connected to a
capture card and hence can never be used. This was all fixed a long time
ago in mythfrontend. This comment is about the same as what I gave on the
initial version of the program guide for the new web frontend.
- The first entry for the playback menu's is "All", the second one is
Default. The first one shows the recordings but it shows also all live TV
recordings that have been made. This is something I do not want to see. If,
when playing live TV, I want to make a recording of it I do press the "R"
and then it becomes a real recording.

Altogether it is a nice piece of work!

Hope this helps,
Klaas.