[mythtv-users] Leanfront testers wanted for Android TV

Bill Meek keemllib at gmail.com
Fri Jan 12 01:04:30 UTC 2024

On Tuesday 09 January 2024 10:53:20 AM (-06:00), Peter Bennett wrote:

 > Hi All
 >
 > To all who possess an Android TV device that is not an Amazon fire tv or
fire tv stick.

 > I am working on getting leanfront available in the google app store.
 >
 > Google have a requirement that it be installed from the play store and
tested by 20 users for 14 days continuously before it can be made generally
available.

 > This is a new requirement from Google that started last November.
 >
 > 20 users have to install leanfront on their devices and leave it there
for at least 14 days. It has to be installed from the play store using a
special URL. How much you use the application is not important, but it may
be important that the google TV device be powered on.

 > If you have a non-fire android TV or google TV device (e.g. NVidia
Shield, onn streaming box, google chrome cast, Smart TV with android TV),
please assist in this process.

 > You need to email me the google logon email address that you use with
the device. I have to add email addresses to a list at google. Only people
on the list can install leanfront from the play store.

 > I will send instructions to you once I have the email address added at
google.

 > Peter

Just an FYI for those considering jumping in: My cable provider switched to
streaming boxes (HLS) which are Android
based, so I loaded the app on both of mine (model Pyxis-RCN).

Yet another way for 'dumb' TV sets to get smart.
--
Bill