[mythtv-users] Listing problem

Peter Bennett pb.mythtv at gmail.com
Tue Jan 16 16:00:34 UTC 2024

On 1/16/24 09:34, Steve Greene wrote:
> I'm not sure if this is a bug or a residual issue from creating my
> listings. I have a non-standard setup, with both Verizon FIOS and OTA
> sources. The documentation wasn't much help with this use case, but I
> discovered that I could create mid-tier config files for each source,
> with a master config that combined both.
>
> My problem relates to the long process of editing the listings. One
> channel, Discovery, I inadvertently left out of the listings. I had to
> listings for Discovery don't show up in the guide, but the information
> is there, since my recording rules will pickup programs on that
> channel. I've gone back to edit the source several times, but it
> doesn't fix the issue.
>
> By the way, is anyone working on a gui for this editing process? There
> are too many channels for me to edit without hours of work.
>
> Steve Greene
> (301) 842-8923
> historicity.co <http://historicity.co>
> An independent archival professional specializing in still
> photography, moving images and recorded sound.

Are you using tv_grab_zz_sdjson_sqlite?

If so, you can update the selected channels using sqlite3.

Find your sqlite database (file with extension DB in the .xmltv directory)

sqlite3 xxx.DB
update channels set selected = 1 where channum = 123;
update channels set selected = 1 where channum = 124;
etc.

If you want to unselect one set selected = 0
update channels set selected = 0 where channum = 999;

There is also a script in the wiki at
https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/XMLTV#Channel_selection_shortcut . I have
not tried it.

If you are using tv_grab_zz_sdjson there is a shortcut in the wiki at
https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/XMLTV#Channel_selection_shortcut_2 .

Peter