[mythtv-users] Mythmusic issues.

Paul Harrison mythtv at mythqml.net
Fri Jan 5 12:15:43 UTC 2024

On 05/01/2024 10:30, Jan Hambrecht via mythtv-users wrote:

> Am Freitag, 5. Januar 2024, 08:42:55 CET schrieb Timothy Witham:
>> On 1/4/24 15:54, Jan Hambrecht via mythtv-users wrote:
>> The lyrics come from python grabbers, one for each source that might
>> have lyrics.  Genius is tried early and finds a string like "9
>> Contributors" which stops the search.  Lately I get good results only
>> from lyrics.com by manually selecting it from the list.
> Yeah I noticed the Genius issue too.
>
>> Probably most of the grabbers need updates due to source site changes.
>> We could change the order to list more successful grabbers first, but
>> even this changes over time as sites break the grabbers.
> Is the order configrable somewhere or is it hard-coded?
>
> Ciao Jan

The order is determined by the __priority__  number at the top of each
grabber eg.

https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv/blob/master/mythtv/programs/scripts/metadata/Music/lyrics/alsong.py#L19

The grabbers where originally modified versions of the KODI lyrics
grabber from here :-

https://gitlab.com/ronie/script.cu.lrclyrics/

More specifically the grabbers from here :-

https://gitlab.com/ronie/script.cu.lrclyrics/-/tree/master/lib/culrcscrapers

It just needs someone with the time and enthusiasm to re-sync ours with
theirs. Shouldn't be a hard job.

Paul H.