[mythtv-users] Mythmusic issues.

Jan Hambrecht jaham at gmx.net
Fri Jan 5 10:30:01 UTC 2024

Am Freitag, 5. Januar 2024, 08:42:55 CET schrieb Timothy Witham:

> Wow, thank you!  Does this get the metadata for CD import also? (I
> haven't tried this yet)

I think ti should work for importing also, as the same CD decoder class is
used for getting metadata from the CD (have not tried it, just looking at the
code). Coverart is also queried but not used when ripping yet.

> >> Jan,
> >>
> >> This is fantastic work.
> >>
> >> I added req. libs, recompile mythmusic and it works PERFECTLY!
> >>
> >> Grat work :-)
> >>
> >> btw: as we have now musicbrainz nicely integrated with mythmusic - can it
> >> be also used to improve lyrics handling in mythmusic?
> >
> > Thanks Piotr!
> >
> > Are you sure that musicbrainz does also have lyrics? I am no aware of that
> > and the API does not seem to include any support for that.
> >
> > Ciao Jan
>
> The lyrics come from python grabbers, one for each source that might
> have lyrics.  Genius is tried early and finds a string like "9
> Contributors" which stops the search.  Lately I get good results only
> from lyrics.com by manually selecting it from the list.

Yeah I noticed the Genius issue too.

> Probably most of the grabbers need updates due to source site changes.
> We could change the order to list more successful grabbers first, but
> even this changes over time as sites break the grabbers.

Is the order configrable somewhere or is it hard-coded?

Ciao Jan