[mythtv-users] Leanfront playback of in-progress recordings resume using the 2 skip to resume; maybe modify to use play/pause to do the same

Peter Bennett pb.mythtv at gmail.com
Sat Feb 10 19:58:11 UTC 2024

On 2/10/24 12:41, Jay Harbeston wrote:
> I have indeed run across the 2 skips, to get the timeline to change.
> If I run into the time limit and video pauses, pressing play takes you
> back to the beginning of the video in progress, and doesn’t continue
> as the 2 skip buttons do.
>

> Peter,
>
> Would it be possible to allow the pause/play to refresh the timeline
> and continue instead of resetting to the beginning?
>

> Thanks!

When it hits the time limit it will pause for a few seconds and then
continue . It should not pause indefinitely. Is it not continuing  on
its own? I don't know why Play would go to the beginning again.

The code around this is a compromise. It is not a true real-time
streaming process, but the playback of a file that keeps increasing.
The code to handle it is a bit fragile. I can take a look at it again.

Peter