[mythtv-users] Leanfront playback of in-progress recordings resume using the 2 skip to resume; maybe modify to use play/pause to do the same

Jay Harbeston jharbestonus at gmail.com
Sat Feb 10 20:48:43 UTC 2024

> On Feb 10, 2024, at 2:58 PM, Peter Bennett <pb.mythtv at gmail.com> wrote:
>

> On 2/10/24 12:41, Jay Harbeston wrote:
>> I have indeed run across the 2 skips, to get the timeline to change. If I run into the time limit and video pauses, pressing play takes you back to the beginning of the video in progress, and doesn’t continue as the 2 skip buttons do.
>>

>> Peter,

>> Would it be possible to allow the pause/play to refresh the timeline and continue instead of resetting to the beginning?
>>

>> Thanks!
>

> When it hits the time limit it will pause for a few seconds and then continue . It should not pause indefinitely. Is it not continuing  on its own? I don't know why Play would go to the beginning again.

I am running a test of it now, and when it hit the end, it has been paused for over a minute now and has not resumed.  I have not seen an ‘unpause’  while I have been exercising it.

Hitting the skip once continues, updating the timeline. When it pauses the next time, hitting play makes it begin at the beginning to the recording.

> The code around this is a compromise. It is not a true real-time streaming process, but the playback of a file that keeps increasing.  The code to handle it is a bit fragile. I can take a look at it again.

Is the code from the sample program you have mentioned in the source? Just curious. :-)

Regards!