[mythtv-users] HDHomerun tuner flaky recordings

Mike Perkins mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk
Fri Feb 2 23:04:26 UTC 2024

On 02/02/2024 20:31, Phill Edwards wrote:

>> Sounds like you need a better antenna if possible..
>>

> Thanks. I was wondering if this might be the problem. I think the existing
> antenna has probably been in place since the house was built 23 years ago
> and was geared to analogue TV. So maybe I need to invest in a new antenna.

Sometimes the antenna looks fine but can still cause trouble.

I had to change mine because some frequencies were updated, and when the guy got up there he found
the box where the cable is terminated was full of water. I still had the whole thing replaced, such
that the booster amp I had installed originally had to be removed because the signal is now too strong!

Oh, and I have a line of trees and a hill between me and the transmitter. Most of the time there's
no trouble but when the winds blow... I get exactly what you described. Even so, the HDHR does a
much better job of handling the interference than the original STB does.

--

Mike Perkins