[mythtv-users] Web interface scalability issue: Video Gallery

Paul Harrison mythtv at mythqml.net
Wed Sep 13 14:59:30 UTC 2023

On 13/09/2023 05:47, Gary Buhrmaster wrote:

> On Sun, Sep 10, 2023 at 2:02 PM Paul Harrison <mythtv at mythqml.net> wrote:
>
>> I did see that, I'm not laughing honestly! Dare I say it? I'm going to
>> say it.  We should try having regular 6 monthly releases to coincide
>> with Ubuntu releases. I know I'm crazy I really should not be let out in
>> public.
> I remember that goal.  I did not see any developer step
> up to do the entire release process on that timeframe
> (a release manager who herds the developers for a
> regular release is only something one tends to  see in
> mature projects).
>
> Are you saying you are going to volunteer to be that
> release manager going forward, or just that you wish
> *someone* would do so (and we all know how that
> works out)?

I was taking the piss out of Peter and my fellow developers. What you
don't know is behind the scenes I was the one pushing for the 6 month
release cycle. I did try to herd them in the right direction but it
would be easier to herd cats :) In the end I gave up trying out of
frustration so exactly when the next release will be is anyone's guess.
David H. has said he would try for February next year which sounds
reasonable?

Paul H.