[mythtv-users] AndroidTV and leanfront: occasional 'ear-protection' limit

Dan Ritter dsr-myth at randomstring.org
Fri May 12 23:51:58 UTC 2023

John Pilkington wrote:

> Perps that was too much info.  I want analog audio, which the manufacturer
> provides only from the headphone socket.  The manufacturer also provides
> digital audio, either optically or via HDMI ARC.

OK, optical to RCA stereo is easy enough.

https://www.amazon.com/PROZOR-Digital-Converter-Optical-Toslink/dp/B00KNNSKV0
$14 and it even comes with the TOSLink optical cable.

or for $28 you can get one that will do HDMI audio extraction as
well:
https://www.amazon.com/Converter-Multifunction-Extractor-Adapter-Toslink/dp/B07PWJSJ97

Either one of these should solve your problem by moving the
output from the safety-switched headphone jack to the line-level
digital outputs, which then get decoded into analog.

-dsr-