[mythtv-users] mythtv on Fedora 38

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Mon May 1 16:52:50 UTC 2023

On Mon, May 1, 2023 at 4:25 PM John Pilkington <johnpilk222 at gmail.com> wrote:

> The only change I have made is to build from a local 'permanent' copy of
> the MythTV Git repo, updated by 'git pull', rather than downloading the
> full repo every time.

Your use case may be different, but the script allows
one to specify the repo (the --repo option) to specify
a local git repository, and, of course, you can specify
your local branch with your patches for the source.

The resulting rpm versions may get complicated if
you build across multiple different mock roots,
different repos, and branches all at the same time
(which I occasionally do for bulk testing), but as
long as you don't try to mix and match with installs
it should mostly work.