[mythtv-users] mythtv on Fedora 38

James Abernathy jfabernathy at gmail.com
Mon May 1 17:24:52 UTC 2023

On Mon, May 1, 2023 at 12:55 PM Gary Buhrmaster <gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Mon, May 1, 2023 at 4:25 PM John Pilkington <johnpilk222 at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > The only change I have made is to build from a local 'permanent' copy of
> > the MythTV Git repo, updated by 'git pull', rather than downloading the
> > full repo every time.
>
> Your use case may be different, but the script allows
> one to specify the repo (the --repo option) to specify
> a local git repository, and, of course, you can specify
> your local branch with your patches for the source.
>
> The resulting rpm versions may get complicated if
> you build across multiple different mock roots,
> different repos, and branches all at the same time
> (which I occasionally do for bulk testing), but as
> long as you don't try to mix and match with installs
> it should mostly work.

Thanks, all,

It seems that except for Ubuntu, all other Distro's way of packaging up
mythtv still require  manually setting up mythconverg, etc.

So for me it just seems easier to build from source instead.  I've gotten
comfortable with that and it takes less than 15 minutes to do. I have a
script to do all the other stuff depending on Distro, I have one for
Raspbian, Debian, Ubuntu if done from source, Archlinux, and now I'm
working on one for Fedora. Since I'm retired it keeps me off the streets
and out of the bars :-}

Jim A