[mythtv-users] OS X Big Sur MythTV 0.33 Build core dump

James jam at tigger.ws
Wed Feb 8 21:40:28 UTC 2023

> On 9 Feb 2023, at 1:33 am, Dennis Alders <dennis.alders at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi,
> I have just upgraded most of my machines without any issue to the latest version of MythTV.
>
> However I failed to upgrade my OS X Big Sur machine. Unfortunately, both v0.33 versions provided by the awesome service on Sourceforge core dump. Yes, I have tried to open the application several times:
>
> MythFrontend-x86_64-11.7.3-v33.0-4-g761e7b05f7.dmg <https://sourceforge.net/projects/mythtvformacosx/files/v33/macOS%2011%20Big%20Sur/MythFrontend-x86_64-11.7.3-v33.0-4-g761e7b05f7.dmg/download>
> MythFrontend-x86_64-11.7.3-v33.0-2-ga4a8ab0fc9.dmg <https://sourceforge.net/projects/mythtvformacosx/files/v33/macOS%2011%20Big%20Sur/MythFrontend-x86_64-11.7.3-v33.0-2-ga4a8ab0fc9.dmg/download>
>
> From the console output it is not clear to me why the core dump occurs.
>
> An older version for v0.32 is still working for me though, since the database schema has not changed the WAF is not impacted.
>
> I noticed that for 11 intel Big Sur the versions verified to work run from version 11.0.1 through 11.6.
>
> The version I am currently using is 11.7.3. This may be the issue here. Is this version going to be supported in the future? Let me know if I can help with testing to find the root cause.
>
> Thanks for all your hard work!

Dennis
my hardware pegs me at High Sierra.
After a little fuss where John Hoyt bent over backwards to help I built my release from the Source Forge ansible recipe.
I recommend doing all in VM.

Apple make it hard to get an Install image. I had to install on my pegged machine, get the install dmg, restore my machine from timemachine and then build a VM.
All the internet copies of High Sierra I found would not work
James