[mythtv-users] OS X Big Sur MythTV 0.33 Build core dump

Dennis Alders dennis.alders at gmail.com
Wed Feb 8 17:33:09 UTC 2023

Hi,
I have just upgraded most of my machines without any issue to the latest version of MythTV.

However I failed to upgrade my OS X Big Sur machine. Unfortunately, both v0.33 versions provided by the awesome service on Sourceforge core dump. Yes, I have tried to open the application several times:

MythFrontend-x86_64-11.7.3-v33.0-4-g761e7b05f7.dmg <https://sourceforge.net/projects/mythtvformacosx/files/v33/macOS%2011%20Big%20Sur/MythFrontend-x86_64-11.7.3-v33.0-4-g761e7b05f7.dmg/download>
MythFrontend-x86_64-11.7.3-v33.0-2-ga4a8ab0fc9.dmg <https://sourceforge.net/projects/mythtvformacosx/files/v33/macOS%2011%20Big%20Sur/MythFrontend-x86_64-11.7.3-v33.0-2-ga4a8ab0fc9.dmg/download>

From the console output it is not clear to me why the core dump occurs.

An older version for v0.32 is still working for me though, since the database schema has not changed the WAF is not impacted.

I noticed that for 11 intel Big Sur the versions verified to work run from version 11.0.1 through 11.6.

The version I am currently using is 11.7.3. This may be the issue here. Is this version going to be supported in the future? Let me know if I can help with testing to find the root cause.

Thanks for all your hard work!

Regards,
Dennis