[mythtv-users] web backend

James Linder jam at tigger.ws
Wed Dec 20 21:23:03 UTC 2023

> On Dec 20, 2023, at 19:26, James Linder <jam at tigger.ws> wrote:
>
> A lady phoned support to say her computer was not working. Long troubleshoot “Is the wall plug on”
> I can’t see it’s dark
> Turn On the lights
> I cant, the electric is off
> Take the computer back to the shop and tell them “I’m too stupid to own a computer”
>
> I feel like the lady!
>
> My main system is working just fine, from a mythconvg_restore.pl
>
> I try to setup a test system using the new browser setup.
> I can’t find anyway to scan for channels.
>
> I fallback to mythtv-setup which core dumps dozens of times, but eventually I get all setup and scanned.
>
> webbackend shows my setup (video src, channels, adapter+src  etc) but home says
>
> Encoder Status
> Backend has no encoders
>
> When you are finished with updates, restart the backend.
> [Restart Backend]
> When you are finished with updates, restart the backend.
> [Restart Backend]
> When you are finished with updates, restart the backend.
> [Restart Backend]
>
> There are new messages in the log
>
> Service '/services/' introspection complete
> Service 'Myth' introspection complete
>
> As I saiid I feel like the lady. Can anybody rescue me
> Thanks
> James

The coloured “series” “tv show” “movie” “sports” guide entries are exactly what I had in mind. The listing are much easier for me to parse. Thankyou.

I’m making a test system so I really tried hard to setup the new way. I’ll rinse and repeat and document - I did not expect to fail - so I did not document, but it was a dismal failure
I could not scan for channels
I could not get mythbackend to start.

I cleaned the database, setup with mythtv-setup. The were lots of core dumps from
corrupted link list
null pointer on linked list

I ended with a working system.

My reason for feedback is not criticsm but to show you that dumb users can really screw things up
I'll save my working setup and try again with a clean database

James