[mythtv-users] web backend

James Linder jam at tigger.ws
Wed Dec 20 11:26:06 UTC 2023

A lady phoned support to say her computer was not working. Long troubleshoot “Is the wall plug on”
I can’t see it’s dark
Turn On the lights
I cant, the electric is off
Take the computer back to the shop and tell them “I’m too stupid to own a computer”

I feel like the lady!

My main system is working just fine, from a mythconvg_restore.pl

I try to setup a test system using the new browser setup.
I can’t find anyway to scan for channels.

I fallback to mythtv-setup which core dumps dozens of times, but eventually I get all setup and scanned.

webbackend shows my setup (video src, channels, adapter+src  etc) but home says

Encoder Status
Backend has no encoders

When you are finished with updates, restart the backend.
[Restart Backend]
When you are finished with updates, restart the backend.
[Restart Backend]
When you are finished with updates, restart the backend.
[Restart Backend]

There are new messages in the log

Service '/services/' introspection complete
Service 'Myth' introspection complete

As I saiid I feel like the lady. Can anybody rescue me
Thanks
James