[mythtv-users] Mythmusic issues.

David Hampton mythtv at love2code.net
Tue Dec 12 05:49:32 UTC 2023

On Tue, 2023-12-12 at 04:36 +0000, Timothy Witham wrote:

> On Monday, December 11, 2023 at 03:46:26 PM CST, A. F. Cano
> <afc54 at comcast.net> wrote:
>
> > Thanks for replying.  As of now, I did fix all the issues discussed
> > above.  I will try importing with vlc in the future and see how
> > that
> > goes.
>
> Thanks for the database examples.  I'm not sure which ripper to
> recommend on Linux.  I like puddletag for cleaning tags because you
> can see everything in a huge sortable table to easily spot mistakes.

I mainly use 'sound-juicer' to rip cds.  I occasionally use other
programs like 'k3b' and 'grip'.

I love 'picard' for organizing files and retrieving metadata.  It takes
a minute or two to get is set up the way you want, but then its great.
It uses the MusicBrainz database, which is crowd sourced.

David