[mythtv-users] Firestick 4K installation failing in Fedora. Fixed.

John Pilkington johnpilk222 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 30 21:10:42 UTC 2022

On 29/09/2022 20:31, Peter Bennett wrote:

> On 9/28/22 09:54, Peter Bennett wrote:
>>
>> On 9/28/22 06:40, John Pilkington wrote:
>>> Hi:  I haven't been using my Firestick 4K recently because I no
>>> longer have an audio-capable HDMI display, but I wanted to see how it
>>> would work with recordings made by recent master from just one of six
>>> DVB-T muxes.
>>>
>>> In the past I installed the downloaded builds using adb;  this still
>>> worked for leanfront but now fails for the standard frontend.  It
>>> looks as if the Fedora (35) version of android-tools is outdated, and
>>> I haven't yet had success with other suggestions from google.
>>>
>>> {{{
>>>
>>> [john at HPFed Downloads]$ adb install -r
>>> 20220830-leanfront-release-v0-372-g71a3c49.apk
>>> Performing Streamed Install
>>> Success
>>> [john at HPFed Downloads]$ adb install -r
>>> mythfrontend-20220907-arm-v33-Pre-854-gecc24f1e15.apk
>>> Performing Streamed Install
>>> adb: failed to install
>>> mythfrontend-20220907-arm-v33-Pre-854-gecc24f1e15.apk: Failure
>>> [INSTALL_FAILED_OLDER_SDK: Failed parse during installPackageLI:
>>> /data/app/vmdl152075533.tmp/base.apk (at Binary XML file line #8):
>>> Requires newer sdk version #29 (current version is #25)]
>>> [john at HPFed Downloads]$
>>>
>>> }}}
>>>
>>> This is just an FYI.   I'll perhaps try it in kubuntu.
>>>
>>> John P
>>>
>> It looks like a problem with the package. The fire stick 4K has API
>> version 25 and it looks like the package is built to require version
>> 29. Perhaps a newer version of QT has caused this change in the build.
>> I will look into it.
>>
>> Peter
>>
> This is now fixed and new 32bit and 64bit packages have been uploaded to
> orangedox
>
> Peter

I see that my reply yesterday went only to Peter.  Resending, with typo
corrected, to list.

Thank you, Peter.  Playback and skipping are working well for me with
that 32-bit build and my (Pre903 + PR642) backend.  There's very brief
block-on-skip with Klaas' old sample, but in general skipping looks
cleaner than with my nVidia GT710 and 470 driver.

Of course I'm still not getting sound, because I'm driving an old Dell
monitor through an HDMI-to-DisplayPort adapter, but the pictures are fine.

John P