[mythtv-users] Where can I choose WHAT deinterlacer is being used in myth 32?

Kris B. krisbee at krisbee.com
Fri Sep 23 00:11:26 UTC 2022

I just upgraded from .29 to 32, and for my myth frontend computer (an Ion), VDPAU lately had been tearing with 29 on lots of graphics or action, so I had switched to OpenGL and it looked good.  But on upgrading, the deinterlacer doesn't look right - looks computer-ish, for a lack of a better description.

VDPAU deinterlacer still looks good, but back to the same macroblock problem on lots of graphics/movement.

The one thing I can't figure out is where in the menu can I CHOOSE the actual deinterlacer that will be used on OpenGL (Bob, 2x, etc).

I also can't figure out where I can disable OSD fade - it looks nice but does seem to slow down between screens on the ION.

Thanks in advance!