[mythtv-users] Where can I choose WHAT deinterlacer is being used in myth 32?

David Engel david at istwok.net
Fri Sep 23 02:14:34 UTC 2022

On Thu, Sep 22, 2022 at 08:11:26PM -0400, Kris B. wrote:
> I just upgraded from .29 to 32, and for my myth frontend computer (an Ion), VDPAU lately had been tearing with 29 on lots of graphics or action, so I had switched to OpenGL and it looked good.  But on upgrading, the deinterlacer doesn't look right - looks computer-ish, for a lack of a better description.
>
> VDPAU deinterlacer still looks good, but back to the same macroblock problem on lots of graphics/movement.

That's probably the infamous, Nvidia, mpeg2, decoding bug that is some
encoders and encoding settings.

> The one thing I can't figure out is where in the menu can I CHOOSE the actual deinterlacer that will be used on OpenGL (Bob, 2x, etc).

It's in the video, playback profiles.  Note that you can no longer
choose the deinterlacer by name.  You choose Low, Medium or High
Qaulity and MythTV will choose the appropriate deinterlacer based on
other, playback settings.  You can see which one is actually used in
the OSD under Playback Data.  The former developer who handled
playback said this change made supporting multiple playback options
much simpler for him.

> I also can't figure out where I can disable OSD fade - it looks nice but does seem to slow down between screens on the ION.

I think is controlled by the OSD theme.

David