[mythtv-users] Series / episode shown in media list

Stephen Worthington stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz
Sun Sep 4 11:37:00 UTC 2022

On Sun, 4 Sep 2022 10:05:46 +0100, you wrote:

>Alan <dancecrave at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> In the XMas wide v1.13 theme "Watch Recordings" list of recorded programs shows the series / episode as well as the usual name, date etc e.g. s08/e05.
>>
>> This doesn't seem to appear in any other theme, but its extremely useful so I am now permanently stuck in Christmas! Does anyone know how to enable that column for other themes?
>
>I asked much the same question a while ago. But rather than start diving into the XML for the theme, I took a simpler approach ...
>If you dive into the theme, you’ll find there’s a folder with something like 20 background images which it rotates - delete these and you get a black background, or you can add your own (e.g. a uniform grey or something). Separately, there’s a folder with the image for the snowflakes - delete this image and the snow disappears.
>
>It’s a bit of a hack, but it works. With a black background, some of the colour choices are a bit “powerful”, but since it gives me the information I’m after (series/episode numbers) I’ll take that.
>
>Oh yes, I think I copied the theme directory and renamed the theme (somewhere in one of the XML files - grep is your friend here) so I could switch back (or copy it again) if I screwed it up.
>
>Simon

To edit a theme, copy it from /usr/share/mythtv/themes to
/home/<mythfrontend user>/.mythtv/themes and edit it there.  The theme
name is in the themeinfo.xml file near the top.  I am unsure if the
theme name needs to match the theme directory name, so I always make
them the same.  I just add my initials to the end of the name for the
ones I customise.