[mythtv-users] Series / episode shown in media list

Simon linux at thehobsons.co.uk
Sun Sep 4 09:05:46 UTC 2022

Alan <dancecrave at gmail.com> wrote:

> In the XMas wide v1.13 theme "Watch Recordings" list of recorded programs shows the series / episode as well as the usual name, date etc e.g. s08/e05.
>
> This doesn't seem to appear in any other theme, but its extremely useful so I am now permanently stuck in Christmas! Does anyone know how to enable that column for other themes?

I asked much the same question a while ago. But rather than start diving into the XML for the theme, I took a simpler approach ...
If you dive into the theme, you’ll find there’s a folder with something like 20 background images which it rotates - delete these and you get a black background, or you can add your own (e.g. a uniform grey or something). Separately, there’s a folder with the image for the snowflakes - delete this image and the snow disappears.

It’s a bit of a hack, but it works. With a black background, some of the colour choices are a bit “powerful”, but since it gives me the information I’m after (series/episode numbers) I’ll take that.

Oh yes, I think I copied the theme directory and renamed the theme (somewhere in one of the XML files - grep is your friend here) so I could switch back (or copy it again) if I screwed it up.

Simon