[mythtv-users] Last played position

Klaas de Waal klaas.de.waal at gmail.com
Fri Sep 2 20:12:02 UTC 2022

On Sat, 27 Aug 2022 at 17:20, Jan Ceuleers <jan.ceuleers at gmail.com> wrote:

> All,
>
> I upgraded to v32 fairly recently, and so have only now been confronted
> with the "play from last played position" menu that pops up when
> starting playback.
>
> Whereas this can be useful, I also find it unnecessarily cumbersome in
> cases where the last played position is very near the end of the file
> because I last stopped viewing the file at the beginning of the credits.
> This is particularly relevant in mythvideo, i.e. where items aren't
> deleted after having been viewed.
>
> Would it be possible to not record the last played position if it is
> closer than x minutes to the end, or beyond y% of the file?

Hi Jan,

I do not know if you are aware of it but It is now possible to completely
disable the "save last played position",
See https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv/issues/543
This is not exactly how it was in version 31 but it comes close.
Note this was not in the initial version 32 release so you might need to
use a ppa or build from source to get the latest version.

Klaas.