[mythtv-users] rambling

Stephen Worthington stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz
Thu May 26 14:57:12 UTC 2022

On Thu, 26 May 2022 22:25:12 +0800, you wrote:

>I guess I wanted to hear that someone was using mythtv on ubuntu.
>James Abernathy is using a newish nuc as a backend, what distro are you using?

I have been running my MythTV on first KnoppMyth starting in 2007,
then Mythbuntu after a couple of years and when that stopped, Xubuntu.
Currently 20.04 LTS.  Always (so far) with Nvidia video cards.  Ubuntu
is likely the most used system for running MythTV on.  I run a
frontend/backend system.  I also run my mother's system on a similar
setup, and my laptop dual boots Win 11 and Ubuntu and also runs
MythTV.  My main desktop Linux system is also Ubuntu and has a testing
and emergency backup MythTV system on it, and my mother's old retired
motherboard runs Ubuntu and MythTV still on yet another PC I use for
testing things also.  My RPi 4B (Debian Bullseye 64 bit) also now has
a MythTV frontend, but I have not got that working well enough to be
useful yet.