[mythtv-users] Mythfrontend ? want v31 not v32

Barry Martin barry3martin at gmail.com
Tue Jun 21 16:39:18 UTC 2022

Hi James!

> Barry as per the wiki,https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Build_from_Source  <https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Build_from_Source>, building from src is quick (1/2 hour) and easy (you doan need toucha da buttons)
>
> $ git checkout fixes/31
>
> There are several google install LAMP on ubuntu. Do so.
> Install the timezone stuff and the basic mysql ie (google mythtv timezone)
> $ sudo mysql < mc.sql
> you find that in the src tree.
> $ ./configure
> $ make
> $ sudo make install
>
> All done, so enjoy, and mythweb works once you change the ../mythweb/data permissions. I use 1777 and the gods will protest so the www user is www-data. I used /var/www/html/mythweb. IIRC you need to add the rewrite module.

Close but "no cigar".  Today's notes at
https://app.box.com/s/vjohcxvkzzxuh39d0a1tzal8es6m2w80    ==> MythTV 31
Manual Installation - 2.pdf

I'm thinking the LAMP stuff is more for creating a Backend -- apache2
seems more for server communications, the Backend has the database so
shouldn't need a local one, etc.  Didn't really get to that point anyway.

Did sort of find an error in the instructions: if the Path Statement
doesn't have where ansible is then

sudo ansible-playbook -i hosts qt5.yml

doesn't find qt5.yml.   Changing to

sudo ansible-playbook -i hosts /home/barry/ansible/qt5.yml

got that part installed -- so $HOME/ansible/qt5.yml more generic?

Then things pooped out again at sudo git checkout fixes/31 .    Tried a
few logical-to-me guesses.

Barry