[mythtv-users] Mythfrontend ? want v31 not v32

faginbagin helen.buus at gmail.com
Wed Jun 22 15:21:04 UTC 2022

On 6/21/2022 9:07 AM, Barry Martin wrote:

> Hi Paul!
>>> ... Am I having problems because of this:
>>>
>>> cat??? /etc/apt/sources.list.d/mythbuntu-ubuntu-31-jammy.list
>>> debhttps://ppa.launchpadcontent.net/mythbuntu/31/ubuntu/ jammy main
>>> # deb-srchttps://ppa.launchpadcontent.net/mythbuntu/31/ubuntu/ jammy
>>> main
>>>
>>> No idea why the second one is commented.
>>>
>>> Thanks!
>>>
>>> Barry
>>>
>> Do you want to install from source?
>>
>> I thought you wanted to install using the PPA packages but was having
>> problems because you wanted to install v31 and by default on Ubuntu
>> 22.04 you will get v32.
>
> Yes, want do do the PPA version as seems like would be easier plus
> that's how I've done it it in the past.  As I mentioned to Mike,
> trying  to be the eyes for people trying to assist me. ...Looking for
> anything to figure out why when I tell it to install v31 it insists on
> installing v32: I'm not seeing/haven't found where the "ha-ha I'm
> going to install 32 instead" is.  The 'software chart' (forgot the
> name -- Livepatch is the last tab) only lists v31 (the deb line was
> checked, the deb-src one unchecked).
>
> Barry

Is there something else you're using this machine for other than as a
mythtv frontend? I'm wondering why you don't just install ubuntu 20.04
with the hardware enablement stack which supports newer hardware with an
older OS. If you did that, you wouldn't have this issue with v32 being
the default version of the OS. You could install 20.04 and the v31 ppa
and life would be so much easier.