[mythtv-users] Mythfrontend ? want v31 not v32

James Linder jam at tigger.ws
Wed Jun 22 02:37:22 UTC 2022

> On 22 Jun 2022, at 12:39 am, Barry Martin <barry3martin at gmail.com> wrote:
>

> Hi James!
>
>> Barry as per the wiki,https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Build_from_Source  <https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Build_from_Source>, building from src is quick (1/2 hour) and easy (you doan need toucha da buttons)
>>
>> $ git checkout fixes/31
>>
>> There are several google install LAMP on ubuntu. Do so.
>> Install the timezone stuff and the basic mysql ie (google mythtv timezone)
>> $ sudo mysql < mc.sql
>> you find that in the src tree.
>> $ ./configure
>> $ make
>> $ sudo make install
>>
>> All done, so enjoy, and mythweb works once you change the ../mythweb/data permissions. I use 1777 and the gods will protest so the www user is www-data. I used /var/www/html/mythweb. IIRC you need to add the rewrite module.
>

> Close but "no cigar".  Today's notes at https://app.box.com/s/vjohcxvkzzxuh39d0a1tzal8es6m2w80    ==> MythTV 31 Manual Installation - 2.pdf
>

> I'm thinking the LAMP stuff is more for creating a Backend -- apache2 seems more for server communications, the Backend has the database so shouldn't need a local one, etc.  Didn't really get to that point anyway.
>

> Did sort of find an error in the instructions: if the Path Statement doesn't have where ansible is then
>
> sudo ansible-playbook -i hosts qt5.yml
>
> doesn't find qt5.yml.   Changing to
>
> sudo ansible-playbook -i hosts /home/barry/ansible/qt5.yml
>
> got that part installed -- so $HOME/ansible/qt5.yml more generic?
>

> Then things pooped out again at sudo git checkout fixes/31 .    Tried a few logical-to-me guesses.

Barry sorry to brush over the pea n chips:

$ cd ansible

Then do the play book stuff

then cd to get back home
The wiki has you get  ~/build/mythtv/mythtv
I end up Saying Whiskey Tango Foxtrot and not making the build directory so I end up with ~/mythtv/mythtv
Which ever go there

$ cd build/mythtv/mythtv or $ cd mythtv/mythtv
THEN $ git checkout fixes/31

True you do not need the LAMP stuff if you are only building a frontend
Also packaging (IE make a deb) is a whole lot more.

James