[mythtv-users] 0.32 Slave Backend DVB-S2 Channel Scan Fail

John jksjdevelop at gmail.com
Wed Jun 1 15:06:20 UTC 2022

On 01/06/2022 14:26, Ken Smith via mythtv-users wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I've just moved 2 DVBS2/DVBT2 combo cards (HVR5525) from my Master
> backend to a newly built Slave backend. I've deleted those devices
> from the Master and the database is all sorted. I can get the 2 DVBT2
> adaptors in the slave to channel scan but I must be missing something
> as the DVBS2 adaptors fail. I can get a successful DVBS2 scan with
> both adaptors using dvbv5-scan. So it must be something connected with
> my myth installation or my configuration.
>
> The adaptors are set up in Capture Cards on the Slave with the LNB set
> to Universal Europe. I'm in the UK using Astra 28. In Video Sources in
> the Master I have an initial frequency set of 11428000Khz, which is
> the Freesat UK frequency. Other settings are default. Is there some
> subtlety about the Slave config I've missed?
>
> Is there a way to get a log of the calls to the DVB adaptor driver?
>
> Thanks for any tips
>
> Ken

I haven't tried using a slave backend recently but remember that you can
use a channel 'source' from the master. So if you haven't deleted your
sources on master it should still work.

As an aside v32 supports SAT/IP. A Sat>IP tuner can be configured in the
same way as a PCIe card based DVB tuner and has the same capabilities,
such as scanning for channels, multirec and receiving EIT program guide
information when that is present.  So any box that can run minisatip
(https://github.com/catalinii/minisatip/blob/master/README.md) can be
used as a networked interface to mythtv. I am currently running 2 DVB/S2
tuners on a Pi4 feeding a master mythtv on a NUC with no issues.