[mythtv-users] 0.32 Slave Backend DVB-S2 Channel Scan Fail

Ken Smith kens at kensnet.org
Wed Jun 1 13:26:19 UTC 2022

Hi All,

I've just moved 2 DVBS2/DVBT2 combo cards (HVR5525) from my Master
backend to a newly built Slave backend. I've deleted those devices from
the Master and the database is all sorted. I can get the 2 DVBT2
adaptors in the slave to channel scan but I must be missing something as
the DVBS2 adaptors fail. I can get a successful DVBS2 scan with both
adaptors using dvbv5-scan. So it must be something connected with my
myth installation or my configuration.

The adaptors are set up in Capture Cards on the Slave with the LNB set
to Universal Europe. I'm in the UK using Astra 28. In Video Sources in
the Master I have an initial frequency set of 11428000Khz, which is the
Freesat UK frequency. Other settings are default. Is there some subtlety
about the Slave config I've missed?

Is there a way to get a log of the calls to the DVB adaptor driver?

Thanks for any tips

Ken

--
believed to be clean.