[mythtv-users] mythfilldatabase not running automatically?

James Abernathy jfabernathy at gmail.com
Wed Jan 12 12:16:14 UTC 2022

On Thu, Jan 6, 2022 at 9:49 AM James Abernathy <jfabernathy at gmail.com>
wrote:

> On my test mythtv- BE/FE combo on Archlinux with Master pre32 3305 I
> noticed that over the last several days the Schedules Direct EPG has not
> updated.  I can sudo su mythtv and run it and the guide is updated but it
> doesn't seem to be running automatically. I have mythtv-setup set the way I
> would normally for Ubuntu so It should be updating between 0 and 5am, but
> isn't. I just rebooted to see if that would help overnight.

I'm still having this issue with mythfilldatabase not running
automatically, even if I reboot the PC. I have the backend settings to run
mythfilldatabase  at the SchedulesDirect recommended times, but I have
tired picking a range of times.  I know this is Arch, but I don't thing
there is a service for this and it's part of the mythtv-backend.service??

Jim A