[mythtv-users] mythfilldatabase not running automatically?

Stephen Worthington stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz
Wed Jan 12 13:44:37 UTC 2022

On Wed, 12 Jan 2022 07:16:14 -0500, you wrote:

>On Thu, Jan 6, 2022 at 9:49 AM James Abernathy <jfabernathy at gmail.com>
>wrote:
>
>> On my test mythtv- BE/FE combo on Archlinux with Master pre32 3305 I
>> noticed that over the last several days the Schedules Direct EPG has not
>> updated.  I can sudo su mythtv and run it and the guide is updated but it
>> doesn't seem to be running automatically. I have mythtv-setup set the way I
>> would normally for Ubuntu so It should be updating between 0 and 5am, but
>> isn't. I just rebooted to see if that would help overnight.
>>

>I'm still having this issue with mythfilldatabase not running
>automatically, even if I reboot the PC. I have the backend settings to run
>mythfilldatabase  at the SchedulesDirect recommended times, but I have
>tired picking a range of times.  I know this is Arch, but I don't thing
>there is a service for this and it's part of the mythtv-backend.service??
>
>Jim A

So what do all your mythfilldatabase settings look like?  These are
from my mother's MythTV box, which runs mythfilldatabase automatically
from mythbackend at 16:00 each day:

MariaDB [mythconverg]> select * from settings where value like
'mythfill%';
+---------------------------------+---------------------------+----------+
| value                           | data                      | hostname |
+---------------------------------+---------------------------+----------+
| MythFillDatabaseArgs            | --only-update-guide       | NULL     |
| mythfilldatabaseLastRunEnd      | 2022-01-12T03:00:51Z      | NULL     |
| mythfilldatabaseLastRunStart    | 2022-01-12T03:00:51Z      | NULL     |
| mythfilldatabaseLastRunStatus   | Successful.               | NULL     |
| MythFillDatabaseLog             | /var/log/mythtv           | NULL     |
| MythFillDatabasePath            | /usr/bin/mythfilldatabase | NULL     |
| MythFillEnabled                 | 1                         | NULL     |
| MythFillFixProgramIDsHasRunOnce | 1                         | crw-pvr  |
| MythFillFixProgramIDsHasRunOnce | 1                         | crw-pvr  |
| MythFillGrabberSuggestsTime     | 0                         | NULL     |
| MythFillMaxHour                 | 16                        | NULL     |
| MythFillMinHour                 | 16                        | NULL     |
| MythFillPeriod                  | 1                         | NULL     |
| MythFillSuggestedRunTime        | 2022-01-13T03:00:51Z      | NULL     |
+---------------------------------+---------------------------+----------+
14 rows in set (0.000 sec)

And these are from my MythTV box where mythfilldatabase is run
externally from a user cron job at 15:10 each day:

MariaDB [mythconverg]> select * from settings where value like
'mythfill%';
+---------------------------------+---------------------------+----------+
| value                           | data                      | hostname |
+---------------------------------+---------------------------+----------+
| MythFillDatabaseArgs            | --only-update-guide       | NULL     |
| mythfilldatabaseLastRunEnd      | 2022-01-12T02:11:32Z      | NULL     |
| mythfilldatabaseLastRunStart    | 2022-01-12T02:11:30Z      | NULL     |
| mythfilldatabaseLastRunStatus   | Successful.               | NULL     |
| MythFillDatabaseLog             | /var/log/mythtv           | NULL     |
| MythFillDatabasePath            | /usr/bin/mythfilldatabase | NULL     |
| MythFillEnabled                 | 0                         | NULL     |
| MythFillFixProgramIDsHasRunOnce | 1                         | mypvr    |
| MythFillGrabberSuggestsTime     | 1                         | NULL     |
| MythFillMaxHour                 | 23                        | NULL     |
| MythFillMinHour                 |                           | NULL     |
| MythFillPeriod                  | 1                         | NULL     |
| MythFillSuggestedRunTime        | 2022-01-13T02:11:30Z      | NULL     |