[mythtv-users] Major Issues with new Nvidia Shield 9.0 upgrade to Android 11

Jon Boehm jon.s.boehm at gmail.com
Thu Feb 17 18:03:25 UTC 2022

Short report of success without doing anything special.....

Woke up my Nvidia Shield for evening view to see it installed 9.0. I've
been holding off the install due to concern from this thread. The pop up
that the upgrade was available has been sitting on my screen for several
weeks now.

I'm running a very very old rev of Frontend.  I don't upgrade unless forced
or something is broken.  On opening MythTV I got a request to accept
special permissions.  I think it was file system access.  On accepting I
got a warning that the MythTV app was compiled under an old version of
Android and may not function correctly.    These permission requests and
warnings only popped up the first time I opened the app.  After that no pop
up on launch.  My limited usage to watch Olympics on NBC and Late Show With
Stephen Colbert on CBS turned up no issues.  Playback, vid/sound alignment,
FF, commercial skip, all worked as expected.  (No issues with Kodi either.)

thanks