[mythtv-users] Cable company changes channel numbers?

David Engel david at istwok.net
Sat Apr 23 01:10:44 UTC 2022

https://github.com/garybuhrmaster/MythUtil

> SchedulesDirect and they have the right channel numbers (maybe have had for
> a while). I'm not sure what the problem is, then, because shouldn't the
> scheduler start using the new channel numbers it gets from DirectTV?  Or is
> the problem that my recording rules specify the old channel numbers? If
> that is the problem, is there a way to automatically fix those, or do I
> need to delete and re-create the recording rules?

MythTV doesn't autmatically add/delete/move channels.  There are plans
to improve things some day but developers and round tuits are in short
supply.  Until things improve, there is the aforementioned MythUtil
and the --do-channel-updates and --only-update-channels that can be
used with mythfilldatabase.  If you use tv_grab_zz_sdjson_sqlite,
MythUtil is by far the better choice.

David
--
David Engel