[mythtv-users] Fwd: Re: channel4 hd has no eit - cross-eit

Stephen Worthington stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz
Sun Sep 5 08:20:51 UTC 2021

On Sun, 5 Sep 2021 07:45:57 +0100, you wrote:

>On Sun, 5 Sept 2021 at 04:33, Stephen Worthington <stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz>
>wrote:
>
>> What version of cross-eit.py are you using?  What version of MythTV?
>> The only version of cross-eit.py I can find is a Python 2 version,
>> which will not work with current MythTV versions which are Python 3
>> only.
>>

>I am on MythTV Version : v32.0~master.202108251032.a2cdb9047a~ubuntu20.04.1
>
>cross-eit did indeed stop working with the move to python 3 but I fixed it
>in April 2020 and posted the working version here in this thread.
>There used to be an archive at gossamer-threads.com but it seems to have
>disappeared, or I would point you at the message. I can repost if useful.
>Anyway the point is that I had already solved that issue, cross-eit is
>running and is indeed producing a plausible xml file, and the part that
>isn't working is importing that file with mythfilldatabase, with the error
>I mentioned.

The list archive site is now here:

https://lists.archive.carbon60.com/mythtv/

but it does not seem to have your Python 3 version of cross-eit.py,
and Google does not find it either.  So please repost it, and I will
have a go running it and see if I can see anything.

The mythfilldatabase output you posted is quite explicit in the error
it is finding: "Unknown xmltv channel identifier: Channel - Skipping
channel."  Is that still the error you are getting?  If so, the
xmltvid in the .xml file you are importing is not matching anything in
the database.  What is the output of:

head /tmp/export.xml

Is there only one channel showing in the headers at the top of the
file?  If you cut and paste the xmltvid from there into this query, is
that xmltvid found in the database?

select sourceid,chanid,channum,name,callsign,xmltvid from channel
where xmltvid='<paste here>';

If found, does the sourceid for the channel match the sourceid you are
using in the mythfilldatabase command?