[mythtv-users] Fwd: Re: channel4 hd has no eit - cross-eit

UB40D ub40dd at googlemail.com
Sun Sep 5 06:45:57 UTC 2021

On Sun, 5 Sept 2021 at 04:33, Stephen Worthington <stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz>
wrote:

> What version of cross-eit.py are you using?  What version of MythTV?
> The only version of cross-eit.py I can find is a Python 2 version,
> which will not work with current MythTV versions which are Python 3
> only.

I am on MythTV Version : v32.0~master.202108251032.a2cdb9047a~ubuntu20.04.1

cross-eit did indeed stop working with the move to python 3 but I fixed it
in April 2020 and posted the working version here in this thread.
There used to be an archive at gossamer-threads.com but it seems to have
disappeared, or I would point you at the message. I can repost if useful.
Anyway the point is that I had already solved that issue, cross-eit is
running and is indeed producing a plausible xml file, and the part that
isn't working is importing that file with mythfilldatabase, with the error
I mentioned.