[mythtv-users] Fwd: Re: channel4 hd has no eit - cross-eit

UB40D ub40dd at googlemail.com
Sun Sep 5 09:06:42 UTC 2021

On Sun, 5 Sept 2021 at 09:21, Stephen Worthington <stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz>
wrote:

> The list archive site is now here:
>
> https://lists.archive.carbon60.com/mythtv/
>
> but it does not seem to have your Python 3 version of cross-eit.py,
> and Google does not find it either.  So please repost it, and I will
> have a go running it and see if I can see anything.

Thanks. I reposted it now (with headers from the original message, showing
that the new list archive is missing at least that post and probably
others).

The mythfilldatabase output you posted is quite explicit in the error
> it is finding: "Unknown xmltv channel identifier: Channel - Skipping
> channel."  Is that still the error you are getting?

Yes: that's as far as I got in my debugging---narrowing it down to that, so
I posted just the relevant line after figuring it out. But I could not
discover why.

>   If so, the
> xmltvid in the .xml file you are importing is not matching anything in
> the database.  What is the output of:
>
> head /tmp/export.xml

It appears that the data is all in one line so it's monstruously long, but
the first few screen lines go like this:

$ head /tmp/export.xml

<?xml version="1.0" ?>

<!DOCTYPE tv SYSTEM "xmltv.dtd">

<tv><programme channel="hd.channel4.com" start="20210821015000"
stop="20210821022000"><title>Come Dine with
Me</title><sub-title>Yeovil</sub-title><desc>PR manager Emmy hopes to
impress her guests with locally sourced Somerset produce. But she has a
disaster with her hollandaise sauce.
channel="hd.channel4.com" start="20210821022000"
stop="20210821024500"><title>Come Dine with
Me</title><sub-title>Yeovil</sub-title><desc>Radio DJ Steve serves up a
cross between comfort food and fine dining. But he feels the pressure, and
an unwanted ingredient ends up on one guest's plate.

I can see the "hd.channel4.com" in there, which I assume has been generated
by the command line parameter I supplied to cross-eit.

I copied from stuff I did years ago, based on advice from kind people on
the list, and which worked then. I am not sure where this particular
identifier came from in the first place. When I looked at the table of all
channels in mythweb, this channel seemed to be the only one with an xmltvid.

> Is there only one channel showing in the headers at the top of the
> file?

yes

>   If you cut and paste the xmltvid from there into this query, is
> that xmltvid found in the database?

yes

> select sourceid,chanid,channum,name,callsign,xmltvid from channel
> where xmltvid='<paste here>';

mysql> select sourceid,chanid,channum,name,callsign,xmltvid from channel

    -> where xmltvid='hd.channel4.com';

+----------+--------+---------+--------------+--------------+-----------------+

| sourceid | chanid | channum | name         | callsign     | xmltvid

|        1 |  22200 | 21200   | Channel 4 HD | Channel 4 HD |
hd.channel4.com |

1 row in set (0.00 sec)

> If found, does the sourceid for the channel match the sourceid you are
> using in the mythfilldatabase command?

yes: the command used was

/usr/bin/mythfilldatabase --refresh-all --verbose xmltv --file --sourceid 1
--xmlfile /tmp/export.xml