[mythtv-users] XMLTV, SchedulesDirect, and SH programming

Larry Kennedy lunchtimelarry at gmail.com
Thu May 20 17:04:05 UTC 2021

 All,

Since I upgraded to the XMLTV Sqlite JSON grabber with SchedulesDirect, I'm
having trouble recording a show that used to work just fine before the
upgrade.

Pardon the Interruption (PTI) airs weekdays on ESPN, so I had a rule to
record all showings of this program on that channel.  After the switch to
XMLTV, mythtv only records one showing, and all subsequent showings are
regarded as duplicates, so they are skipped.  I can see in the listings
that all showings have the same episodeID, so I opened a case with SD to
possibly address this episodeID issue, and I was told that the listings are
correct, and this is because PTI is SH programming, versus EP programming.
I was told that there most likely is a way to handle SH programs
differently than EP programs in mythtv scheduling.

Does anyone know what I need to do to get this recording back on track?

Larry