[mythtv-users] XMLTV and Schedules Direct

Steve Greene sgreene820 at gmail.com
Fri May 21 20:53:49 UTC 2021

Progress! I discovered I was pointing to the wrong script in mythtv-setup.
Once I corrected that, I went step by step through the instructions at
https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/XMLTV#Schedules_Direct_Setup.

I ran mythfilldatabase thusly: "sudo -u mythtv mythfilldatabase". It starts
populating the database, but I notice that I get errors generating the
temporary files for populating the "channels" subfolder for the png
graphics. The owner and group ID's for those folders are not set to
mythtv:mythtv. If I run mythtv-setup again, I notice I'm getting the "no
</tv> tag" error message again. Do the permissions need to be reset for the
subfolders off of /home/mythtv/.mythtv?

Steve Greene
(301) 842-8923
historicity.co
An independent archival professional specializing in still photography,
moving images and recorded sound.