[mythtv-users] Advice on v31 installation?

f-myth-users at media.mit.edu f-myth-users at media.mit.edu
Tue Jun 29 16:23:07 UTC 2021

    > Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2021 12:08:27 -0400
    > From: James Abernathy <jfabernathy at gmail.com>

    > https://mythtvinstall.blogspot.com/2020/07/combined-mythtv-v31-media-system-and.html

Thanks.

So if I'm reading this correctly, you used Mythbuntu (meaning Mythbuntu
Control Panel?  I'm a little unsure if there's distinction) and the
SQLite version of the grabber.  (Was there some reason you're not
using the JSON version?  I don't know if there's a reason to prefer
one or the other.)

I take it whichever choice Mythbuntu made on the DB (which was it?
MariaDB or MySQL?) Just Works and I don't have to worry about that?

(And of course you didn't have the issue of wanting to run new & old
simultaneously & not bash lineups, etc.)