[mythtv-users] Database damage?

R. G. Newbury newbury at mandamus.org
Sun Feb 14 03:09:48 UTC 2021

On 2021-02-12 9:52 p.m., Stephen Worthington wrote:
> It is generally not a good idea to get replacements from Silicon Dust
> as the replacements will also fail in a few years.  It is possible to
> buy quality plug packs that do not fail like that.  Here in New
> Zealand, I have found the ones I get from Jaycar a bit expensive but
> so far I have never had one fail.
Waaay OT, but after my first HDHR power wart failed, I purchased some
power plugs of the correct size for the HDHR and some Molex sockets and
wired the HDHR's into the 5V line of the mythbox' power supply. There is
lots of empty space in the case, so the splitter and the HDHRs ended up
mounted in the computer case: two coax cables from the antennas inbound
and two cat5 cables to the router outbound.

If I carved away some of the case, I could actually mount the router
into the computer case too, but sloth, lethargy and procrastination have
absolutely precluded me from getting to that "problem".

Geoff