[mythtv-users] Database damage?

Stephen Worthington stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz
Sat Feb 13 02:52:30 UTC 2021

On Fri, 12 Feb 2021 20:23:05 -0500, you wrote:

>>> Upfront, I really appreciate your detailed response.  Unfortunately I?m not quite there yet.

>Stephen, thank you again for all the suggestions and ideas.  To close the loop on my trials...
>
>In the end, it was mostly a hardware problem.  I finally determined that I could no longer record from one of my old HDHomerun units even though the power and network lights were lit.  As others have experienced, the power supply had apparently weakened such that it could not successfully tune and stream to myth.  Incidentally, this unit has been powered through a UPS for most of its life.  I have it back up running on a universal supply for the time being and I’ve reached out to SiliconDust about getting a replacement.  After all, it is only 10 years old!  ;)

It is generally not a good idea to get replacements from Silicon Dust
as the replacements will also fail in a few years.  It is possible to
buy quality plug packs that do not fail like that.  Here in New
Zealand, I have found the ones I get from Jaycar a bit expensive but
so far I have never had one fail.