[mythtv-users] Mythbuntu upgrade error - mysql8

Bill Meek keemllib at gmail.com
Sat Dec 11 17:00:17 UTC 2021

On 12/11/21 10:30 AM, John Hoyt wrote:

>     Is your Database Password in config.xml = mythtv? If so, then
>     please start mysql as its root user and run the three commands
>     one at a time:
>
>       CREATE USER IF NOT EXISTS 'mythtv'@'%' IDENTIFIED WITH mysql_native_password;
>       ALTER USER 'mythtv'@'%' IDENTIFIED BY 'mythtv';
>       GRANT ALL ON mythconverg.* TO 'mythtv'@'%'; mythconverg
>
>     Need to see the output of all three.
>

> Bill - here you go.  BTW, everything is working fine on my system, I just get the error message everytime I update.
>
> mysql>   ALTER USER 'mythtv'@'%' IDENTIFIED BY 'mythtv';
> ERROR 1819 (HY000): Your password does not satisfy the current policy requirements
>
> mysql>   ALTER USER 'mythtv'@'%' IDENTIFIED BY 'mythtv';
> ERROR 1819 (HY000): Your password does not satisfy the current policy requirements

That helps. Let's see your policy level:

  SHOW VARIABLES LIKE 'validate_password.policy';

In my 8.0.27 mysql, the answer is 'Empty set'. Guessing
yours is 'MEDIUM' or more.

Do these two work?

  SET GLOBAL validate_password_policy=LOW;
  ALTER USER 'mythtv'@'%' IDENTIFIED BY 'mythtv';

Can you check all of your MySQL .cnf files? Start with:

  sudo grep --recursive validate_password.policy /etc/mysql

There could be other .cnf's in play, like ~/.my.cnf

--
Bill